Monday 23 February 2015

Weekly letter

Hello Everyone,

     Hope everyone has had a great week. Must be nice to have a full week off of school. Hope everyone had fun! As for me, well as a missionary I don't get that much time off haha. Only a few hours every Monday. But that's okay, because I am in the Lord's work and the Lord's time. 
     This past week has been good. We ordered pizza one night and it was pretty good! Can you guess what flavor I ordered? That's right. Canadian. Gotta stay faithful to home sweet home haha! And another day we couldn't eat with a member because she was busy. So she gave us money and we ordered "Hong Kong Express" which I've never had before. So we thought we would try it! It was pretty good. But after I my stomach felt weird because I am accustomed to eating Mexican and Yucatacan food. Luckily I didn't get sick haha. One of my favorite types of food is called "Empanadas". It's Yucatacan (or in other words made by the people who live in the Yucatan). I'm going to send a picture of some empanadas too because they are so good haha.  
     Well, other that the food everything is great here. The weather is amazing. "Not too hot, not too cold, but just right". 
     We are progressing with our investigators too. We visited Raul last night and it was awesome. For those of you who don't know, if a person wants to be baptized and they are living with another person, they need to either separate, or get married. We say it in Spanish like this "Separarse o Casarse". Haha. Anyways so Raul told us yesterday that he is going to separate from his "wife" (because they are not married) because he wants to get baptized. Its probably better anyway because his wife is pretty messed up. So we hope that in March he can be baptized!! Yay! Our other investigators are progressing well too. We are working hard with them and we hope we get get about 3 or 4 baptisms this March. 
     Well I'm out of time. But thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts!! Keep sending them please!! Oh, and no I didn't go to the ruins :/ another day!! Have a great week everyone!

Love,

Elder Strate 



No comments:

Post a Comment