Monday 2 February 2015

Ocean Baptism

Hello Everyone,

     I hope everyones week was great! Because mine was haha! We had a baptism of a little girl named Yessica. It was awesome! Right now they are renovating the chapel so we have to do the baptisms in the ocean. Hey, I'm not complaining! It's way better to do it in the ocean than in the font haha! 





 
 
 
      Other than that this week has been pretty normal. We found some new investigators, so hopefully we can get working with them and put some baptismal dates. We recently got a new Ward Mission Leader and we are just starting to work with him. He is awesome! He's a returned missionary of about 2 years. And his wife is the Relief Society President too, so that helps us a lot with the work!! 
     We also just found an old investigator that I didn't even know about. She is awesome! Her name is Milca, and her boyfriend's name is Esau. He is a member but has been less active. We are activating him and also teaching Milca which is awesome! The last lesson we had we taught about the restoration and Joseph Smith. We are praying for her so she can recieve an answer to her prayers to really know if its true. I can see a lot of potencial in Her and Esau.
     Haha, also this week we've had some "bible bashes" if you will. There are lots of different churches here in Mexico. But more than nothing, there are a lot of Jehova's witnesses. It's always interesting to hear what they have to say, because at times they say some pretty weird things. But that's okay haha. I have my scriptures and I know how to use them haha. Thank goodness for our study hours every morning!    
     As for the super bowl....wow I don't know what to think. I thought for sure the Seahawks would win, even though I'm not a fan haha. Crazy things always happen in the world of sports. 
     Thanks everyone for all the love and support! I will continue to work hard to build God's Kingdom here on the earth!! What a wonderful opportunity! Love you all so much! Please pray for me haha! 

Love,

Elder Strate 

No comments:

Post a Comment