Monday 26 January 2015

Scary Experience

Hello Everyone,
     This past week has been pretty good! My new companion, Elder Mayorga is awesome!! We are like best friends and we work great together!! This has helped the work here in this area a lot. It's a lot easier to have the spirit when we get along as a companionship!!

     So this week we found some new investigators that are pretty interested in learning more, so hopefully everything goes well!! As for baptisms...we have one on Friday!! At 4pm. And guess who is performing the baptism!? That's right, yours truly, Elder Strate haha. And the chapel is still under contruction, so we are going to have it in the beach!! Again!! Oh yea. I'm super excited!! We are baptizing a girl names Jessica. Her family are all members, so she's the last one to be baptized. Which is pretty awesome!! I will definitely get some good photos so you can all see in my letter next week!!
     Okay, this week we had a bit of a scary experience. Not too bad, but enough to frighten my companion and I. So on Thursday we were walking down a street to look for a family of members. We entered into an intersection and started walking into the next street. Just then, we saw two people fighting on the side of the road. One was a woman, about late 20's maybe early 30's in age and the other was a man of about 50 or 60. So this man was trying to rob a bike from this woman. But this woman wouldn't have any of that. She was big too. About my height and was a lot bigger than me (in terms of weight haha). And the man was skinny and a bit shorter than me. So you can probably imagine who would win this fight haha. However, this man had a huge butcher knife in his hands. It was pretty freaky. Anyways, they were fighting and tossing the bike back and forth. Then the woman got the man in a headlock and started feeding him punches and it was kinda funny to be honest. But at the time, it wasn't funny. I thought for sure that she was going to get stabbed by this guy. It started to get pretty intense. My companion and I were not too far away, but we decided that we needed to call the police. But we don't know the number. Luckily here in Mexico the police are always driving around. So we walked back around the corner away from the fight and we saw a police truck. So we flagged them down and sent them around the corner to were these people were fighting. It was a freaky experience. But I know that we were guided to the police and they were guided to us. Luckily no one was hurt and the man got arrested.
     I know that the Lord was watching over us and that we were guided to the police so that they could help us. I know this is the Lords work and that he loves every single one of us. And he wants us to seek for help in our lives, even though it may be difficult at times. Thanks for all your love and support and prayers!! Until next week!
Love,
Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment