Saturday 6 September 2014

MTC Letter #5 - Travel Plans

 
 
Hello Everyone,

     This week has been awesome! So many good things have happened. Our district got our travel plans yesterday!! Yay!! Those of us going to Cancun fly out at 6 am on the 15th. I'm super excited!! Except we have to be ready to leave at 2:30 am...so I probably won't get any sleep that night haha. We fly to Dallas, Texas first. We are supposed to arrive there at 9:40 am. Then we fly from Dallas to Cancun at 11:10am. Scheduled to arrive in Cancun at 1:40 pm. I'm so excited, can't stop thinking about it!!
     I have also seen and talked to some people I know here at the MTC. At the Tuesday night Devotional this week, I saw Dennis Campbell from Taber who I played basketball against. I chatted with him for a bit, it was a good time. He is going to Viginia! Exciting! And another great surprise this morning. When Elder Ward and I went to the laundromat to start our laundry, I saw Ben Thomson there!! He is going to BYU. I talked to him for a few minutes. I was so happy to see one of my friends from Magrath!! He said he just sent in his mission papers. Jeez, it feels like I just sent my papers in! Time really does fly. We also went to the temple again this morning. We did sealing again. It was great. I mean, every visit to the temple is great! I'm going to miss not being able to go when I get to Cancun. Hopefully they will do a special trip with the missionaries to attend the Merida Temple.
        Also had some fun activities during gym time this week. We played bump yesterday, that was pretty fun!! 
          I have also heard of another nickname for the MTC that I find quite funny. "Make Them Cry". Haha. It's the truth. I am pretty sure everyone in our district has cried at least once, including me. But that's okay. Sometimes it can be really frustrating here. Not anymore for me, I have moved past that stage, at least here in the MTC I have. 
        I was really sad yesterday though. We taught our last lesson to Marco, who is an "investigator" here at the MTC. He is so awesome. Even though we only taught him for 8 lessons, I really got to know him, and I love him so much. We have really developed a good friendship. I got a picture with him so you all can see him. I hope some day after my mission, I can come back to visit him. Jeez, if I am already getting emotional about leaving my investigators, this won't be good when I actually get to Mexico! Haha.
        I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord. May he bless all of your lives with love and comfort. I love you all!! Keep in touch!

Love
Elder Strate
 



 
Getting our travel plans and me with Marco.

No comments:

Post a Comment