Saturday 30 August 2014

MTC Letter #4

Hello Everyone,

     This week has gone by pretty fast for me. Can you believe that I have been here for four weeks now!?!? It's crazy!! At least in my mind it is. Our district is supposed to get our travel itineraries on Friday this week. I can't wait!! It really is wonderful here, but I am ready to leave. That's awesome that Spencer is going to Cape Verde, and Portuguese too!! If anyone sees him, tell him I say "Tu du ben". That's some Portuguese that I picked up here.
     Anyways, everything is going great!! Every Saturday we have a chance to go to the temple in the morning. So I have been there four times now. The first two Saturdays Elder Ward and I did a normal session, then last week we did sealings. That was a great experience, never done sealings before. And today we did some initiatories. That was great too!! It's always great to go to the temple! Yes, I found my umbrella mom. It was deeply hidden in the darkest part of my suitcase, where no one ever looks...haha. 
     Anyways, this week has been pretty awesome. Mostly studying still, but we are also teaching "investigators" for practice. Completely in Spanish. At the start this was a real struggle for me, but I'm getting used to it now. I am surprised at how much Spanish I have learned in these short four weeks. And with the Lord on my side, It makes a huge difference!
     Dad, that's awesome that you did the ice bucket challenge. I had heard a little bit about it before you told me, but it was nice to hear about all the details from you. When I get home, I am definitely doing it, don't let me forget!! And thanks for the bear story, it's pretty awesome!! 
     If there is one thing that I have learned about being here, it's that the Atonement is really important. Especially the repentance part. Its very important that we repent all the time. Every day even. Unfortunately I have seen some of the consequences of not repenting. A few Elders that I knew have gone home because they didn't take care of things that they should have before they came here. I don't know much about the details, but that's not important. The main purpose is that we need to recognize that we all make mistakes. After all, we are only human!! I am so grateful that I am worthy to be here. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be here. It is hard don't get me wrong, but it's worth it. And being a worthy Priesthood holder and Missionary opens the doors for many blessings to come. 
I love you all!! Please continue to write/email me, its so wonderful to hear from everyone!! 


Love,

Elder Dawson Strate

Pics- Elder Latteier's Teddy Bear... Hermana Stoker, and our pet leaf bug Ricito



No comments:

Post a Comment