Monday 22 September 2014

Letter # 8



Hello Everyone,

     Sounds like lots of fun things are happening!! That´s great that John had his farewell. He will be a great missionary and the people of Africa are going to love him!
     Ok, to answer your questions. Our area covers one ward. It is called ¨Corales¨. We currently have like 20 people that we are teaching. Including a few member families. We have a baptism lined up for Saturday, so hopefully nothing changes! It is a family of 4 with a mother, two sons who are 14 and 6 years old, and a daughter. The mother is going to be baptized along with one of her sons and her daughter. Obviously the other one is till too young to be baptized! But I'm sure he will be when he turns 8. 
     In my area pretty much everyone is poor. No one has hardly anything. I have only seen one Mexican man that actually has a nice car and house. Other than that everyone lives in a house they just found, or made is themselves. Most of the houses that people make are made out of scrap wood, wire, leaves, garbage, and whatever else they can find. It's really sad actually. I have really come to appreciate those things that we take for granted every day. Like food, cold water, clean water, a safe place to live, and all of that stuff. However, the people here are really happy. They try to live their lives to the fullest! And yes some of the food here is a bit unusual. Earlier this week Elder Webb and I were fed cow feet from one of the members. I knew what it was when I saw it, but I still ate it. It actually wasn't that bad, at least I didn't think so. Elder Webb didn't agree with me haha. 
     Other than that, everything is great!! I'm having a wonderful time here. My biggest challenge is still Spanish. So please continue to pray for me! I need it haha. Anyways, I knew that Mexicans were short, but not this short! Most of them are only about 5 feet tall, maybe. Mostly under 5 feet. So Elder Webb and I stick out like sore thumbs as we walk down the street haha. Not every day in Mexico do you see two white people, one who's 6'4 and the other 6'0 walking down the street. Needless to say I think we are pretty safe haha. 
     Anyways, I love you all so much!! Thanks for everything! Stay awesome!

Love,

Elder Strate

No comments:

Post a Comment