Monday 2 May 2016

Turtle farm !!!!!!!!


Hello Everyone,

            Remember last week when I said, "I don't know what happens when you put two rednecks together?" Well I was right. Lots of things happened!! I will try to remember them all. 
 
            Okay, so first off. The Island is so beautiful! Lots of heat but there is a nice ocean breeze to cool us off too. This morning we went to the "Tortu granja" which means turtle farm. Its like an aquarium that has turtles and other fish. Starfish, lionfish, nemo, lobsters, seahorses and lots more! I took took many pictures to send but I will try to send at least a few. 









 
            So, my companion is great. Earlier this week, we were putting up a close line to hang our close in the house. And my companion was tying it on the door somehow. I saw that the line started to slack a but so I reached to grab and adjust it, and at the same moment my companion decided to shut the door...needless to say my middle finger got slammed in the door lol. But it wasn't too bad. It hurt for a bit but I'm fine now! Another day, after a visit we had with a member, he offered us some fruit with yogurt. So we sat down on his couch and he brought some sliced fruit with yogurt in a bowl. Then my companion started talking and ranting about something while he was eating and "accidentally" flinged a spoon full of yogurt all over my pants...that was pretty funny. I can just say that we have become really close friends  in just one week!
            We also have some investigators that are awesome. Some old investigators have started to progress too. There is lots of work here on the island and I am so happy to be here! We are the only missionaries on the island. I am so blessed to be able to serve here in this mission! Its the best mission in the WORLD! Thanks for all the love and support! Have a great week and a happy mother's day!

         Love,

                Elder Strate  

No comments:

Post a Comment