Monday 21 December 2015

Christmas

           Hello Everyone!

            This week has been full of Christmas cheer! And with some more yet to come!
            This Friday we had our Branch Christmas party, and it was great!! 
     


       Lots of less actives and investigators came, yay! My companion and I showed some Christmas videos too and we talked about the true meaning of Christmas. It was wonderful. We really could feel the spirit of Christmas and how it can change our lives. 
      Also, about 5 minutes before sacrament meeting started yesterday, the branch president asked my companion and I to give talks!! Talk about last minute! The other speakers didn't show up so thats why he asked us. Well, good thing that missionaries are always "prepared"...haha. He didn't give us a specific topic, but he told us to talk about what we felt that the branch needed. So my companion Elder Dominguez talked about Charity(and did a wonderful job). And I talked about the Atonement. It all went great. 
      Then, we also had another devotional last night in Chetumal. Were we sang, and bore tesimony and many wonderful things! And after the devotional we went Christmas caroling! It was great. I loved seeing the looks on the peoples faces as we sang to them. The spirit was felt indeed! 
       I think we might spend Christmas Eve with our branch president and his family. For Christmas here, its a crazy party!! Pinatas, candy, lots of food. Its great! 
      Well, I look forward to seeing my family this week. I hope everyone has a safe Christmas week! And don't forget the true meaning of Christmas!! CHRIST!! 

       Lots of love,
           Elder Strate 
    Got this package - Thanks mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment