Monday 12 October 2015

Weeding

     Hello Everyone,

     This past week has been good. Yesterday, we had a ton of people show up for church!! Usually in the branch here, only about 50 maybe 60 people come every Sunday. But yesterday, we had about 125 people there for branch conference! Thats awesome! There is definitely a lot of work to do here with the less actives. We are also starting to find some new investigators, so we will keep trying to find more. 
     Also, this morning my companion and I pulled/destroyed the weeds in our yard today. When the people here pluck/destroy weeds, they use a machete. Thats right, kind of like Clayton from Tarzan who cuts through the thick African jungle with his machete. I kinda felt like that today haha. Mom knows that I enjoyed that! My companion is great too. We get along great and we teach pretty well together too. 
 
     Just so you all know, I really enjoy playing the piano now! I play every week in sacrament meeting. And yesterday I played for the choir that sang too. It was so special and everyone was so happy to hear the piano. 
     I am so blessed by my heavenly father. So many opportunities to develop my gifts and talents that the Lord has given me. I'm so grateful to be a missionary here in the best mission in the WORLD. Thanks for all your love and support. Have an amazing week in the work of salvation!! 
       Thats good that your feeling better dad. Just so you know, that is also one of the many things that I have learned here in the mission. That the worldly things don't really matter that much. And that the gospel is everything! Love you so much, keep doing what you need to in order to get better!
      lots of love,

      Elder Strate  

No comments:

Post a Comment