Monday 6 April 2015

Guess what I ate?

Hello Everyone,

     I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and got to watch General Conference!! We did too! Thanks to technology we can view it from any place!! I really enjoyed all of the talks and I hope that we can all apply these principles and revelations in our lives. 
     On another note, I ate something pretty interesting yesterday. In between the conference sessions we went to eat with a member. And I ate "Mondongo". Ok, just the name probably makes you think, "what the heck is that?" Lol me too. But nonetheless I ate it. "Mondongo" is a dish usually served in soup. What it is? The stomach of a cow. Thats right, a cow's stomach. Chopped up into square pieces and put into a soup. It tasted pretty good actually. I've heard that usually all of the Elders that come here from other countries (me too obviously), don't like Mondongo at all haha. However, I do like it. Even though it smells a bit weird. 
     This picture I took with a member in our ward. His name is Darwin, and he is so awesome! He's planning on going on a mission here pretty soon. We're good friends. 
 
     Also, we have a baptism this week!! WOOT! Hope everything goes as planned. And we can help another person along their path of Salvation!! 
     Well, thats about all I have for this week. Transfers are next Monday, so I don't know if I will still be here in Playa. But we shall see! 
     Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I need everything I can get here as a Missionary haha!! 

Lots of love,

Elder Strate 

No comments:

Post a Comment