Monday 10 November 2014

Nov 10 letter

Hello Everyone,

     It's wonderful to hear from all of you! Please, continue to write me and I will try to write back if I have time! Miranda, that's a nice buck you got there! Bien hecho hermana! Sounds like basketball season has started! What a wonderful time of the year! And the Giants won the world series, I don't know what to think about that haha. I'm still trying to figure out how Kansas even made it to the finals. 
     Anyways, things here are great!! I'm learning Spanish really fast howver, I still have a lot to learn! As of right now, I can have a normal conversation with someone and I can understand pretty much everything they are saying. Sometimes haha. And Derek is off to Salt Lake eh? That's exciting!! I'm really happy for him and he's going to have a great time! So, every month we get a newsletter from President Kirkham. It's called "La Hoz". I'll let you figure out what that means haha. 
     Anyways, in the letter for this month there was a spiritual thought given by another missionary. A sister missionary that I was in the MTC with, Hermana Newman. When I read this it made me think a lot. So I'm going to share it with all of you porque esta potente!! 
     "What if we treated our Book of Mormon like our cell phone? What if we carried it in a pocket or a pack? What if we turned back when we forgot it? What if we flipped it open several times a day? What if we spent an hour using it? What if we used it consistently to recieve messages? What if we treated it like we could not live without it? What if we searched for new applications? What if we used it while travelling? What if we used it in case of an emergency? What if we treated the Book of Mormon like our cell phone?" Some questions to think about. I really think that if we applied this into our lives we would be a lot happier. And we would be more receptive to the spirit and personal revelation. If there is one thing that I have learned here in my mission, it's that personal revelation is real! It is something that everyone needs and everyone can benefit from too. As missionaries, we need as much as we can get! In our lives, we need to be continually seeking for personal revelation. God wants to help and bless us, and we need to be intune and receptive to the spirit so we can accomplish this. 
     I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon!! Before my mission I took it for granted, and I am never going to do that ever again. I know that if we treat our Book of Mormon's like our cell phones, then we can grow closer to God and Jesus Christ and eventually become like Jesus Christ. Perfect. Thanks everyone for being such good examples to me! I know I wouldn't be here serving a mission without everyone's love and support! Continue to go forth with faith!!
Love Elder Strate








No comments:

Post a Comment