Monday 13 October 2014

Letter #11 - Pictures finally - 3 baptisms

Hello Everyone,

Washing my clothes.

   I am trying to upload the pictures that I have as we speak. Hopefully it works!! I found out that it really just depends on what computer I am using. Some of them work with my camera, and some don't. That's okay though, I now know which ones work and which ones don't. Anyways, this past week has been great!! We had three baptisms Saturday night!! Ya!! I am sending the pictures of the family that we baptized, and some more of the man we baptized last week. I also had another wonderful privelege yesterday. I confirmed the little girl named Sandra that we baptized!! It was such a wonderful experience! I was a bit nervous because my Spanish isn't that great yet. It's better, but I still have a lot to learn haha. But I was fine. I was guided by the spirit and everything was great.    
    Okay, so I haven't recieved the package that you sent me Mom and Dad. However, after I am done typing this we are going to the mission office to take the baptismal forms. So I will check again when we get there! Okay, so here is a bit more info about the things we do here. The only sport we are allowed to play here is basketball. And I haven't played it yet haha. When we email, we just go to a computer place. It's just a little building that has computers that we can use. We pay of course, but it's pretty cheap. Like 10 pesos for an hour. We are only allowed one hour to email anyways so it works out good. 
    Okay, so we met this lady about 2 weeks ago. She was really devastated because her husband left her and she was really depressed and all that stuff. So when we first visited her she was super happy. We taught her about the Atonement and Repentance. And how that Jesus Christ not only suffered for our sins, but for our pains, afflictions, sorrows, and all of that. She was so happy to know that and she wanted us to teach her everything about the Church right then haha. But obviously we can't do that. There are a lot of things to teach so we need a few more lessons. As of right now she is the golden investigator haha. Hopefully it stays that way! 
    Anyways, I am doing good. It's not easy though, I can tell you that right now. Walking around in the hot sun all day and doing missionary things actually is very tiring. I'm beat at the end of every day haha. That's okay though, I knew this was going to be hard. However, going forth with faith is the way to go! Thanks for all your love and support! I will continue to pray for all of you. Many of you have been great examples to me and I thank you for that. As for right now, I have to go. Until next week! Paz fuera!

Love,

Elder Strate
 
The man we baptized is named William. He was my first baptism. 
 



 
 
The Mother of the other family is Raquel, the son is Enrique, and the daughter is Sandra.









No comments:

Post a Comment