Monday 13 July 2015

Alien!

Hello Everyone,

     Sorry for the short letter last week. Our P-day was cut short because of transfers, but here we are!! 
Okay, so my new companion is Elder Jimenez. He is from Papantla, Veracruz, Mexico. He is 24 years old and he has been out for 6 months. 
     And we are here in Tulum, the gigantic tourist attraction. People from all over the world come here. So ya there are a lot of people here!! This area is also very interesting, some weird things have happened in this area that haven't happened in others. For example, one night this week my companion and I were just walking in the street and suddenly a drunk guy started talking to us. And he just called me an Alien. What!?!? I just stood there staring at him because I didn't know how to respond to that lol. Then he he called me an alien again. Still standing there I just kept staring at him lol. Then he got scared and ran into his house lol! Like, what the heck!? I know people have lots of nicknames and ideas about the Members of the Church and all but he didn't even reckongnize us as members or anything...Anyways that was interesting. 
      And also today, we saw a police truck today. That was pulling a trailer, full of horses. Like..? Shouldn't he be doing police work instead of Farmers work? Haha. 
     Anyways, the work here is progressing. We are starting to find some new people to teach because there aren't many. And the work is super tiring too. Mostly because of how hot it is here. I drink about 4 maybe 5 litres of water every day because its so hot! 
     Thanks for all your love and prayers!! Hope you all have a wonderful week!! Keep the faith!! 

     Love,

      Elder Strate

P.S.- That's root beer, not beer. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment