Monday 6 June 2016

Ocean Baptism

      Hello Everyone,

      This week has been awesome! First of all, transfers are today!! And its official, I am staying here on the Island. I will finish my mission here on Isla Mujeres. However, I now have a new companion Elder Moreno. He is great, I have known him for a long time and we are going to work great together. According to my missionary geneology, Elder Moreno is my nephew haha. Family power! 
     We had a baptism yesterday! A young man named Mauricio that is 14 years old decided to get baptised and it was wonderful. Of course we did it on the beach 😉 because there is no where else to do it...what a huge sacrifice... it was so wonderful and the spirit was so strong. Even stronger than the ocean waves! 

                                                    Mauricio and his Dad Enrique 

     We couldn´t work yesterday because of the elections here. We had to stay in our house for our own safety. But it was nice to get a little break to relax. Sorry I am out of time but thats what happened this week. Thanks for reading. I will have more to say next week. 

     Love,
           Elder Strate 
                                            A picture of our zone

                                         Beautiful sunset from the top of our apartment building


No comments:

Post a Comment